[I would have said, "I've been tagged..." but Zoho Writer, which I use to compose and post my entries does not allow apostrophes.]
- I broke my left femur when I was hit by a car the summer between 5th and 6th grade (1969) and spent the whole summer either in traction or in a body cast. My body cast was put on the day that Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon. It was this summer on my back that made me a voracious reader.
- I was a boy scout in Troop 501 or 502 in Indian Hill, OH (meeting each week at Camp Jim B). I made it to Second Class.
- I started programming on what I believe was an HP 2100 series minicomputer in summer school either in 1970 (6th-7th grade summer) or 1971 (7th-8th grade summer). It had a pencil (not punch) card reader. We programmed it BASIC.
- Despite being an avowed atheist even at the time, I served as an acolyte at the Indian Hill Church all through high school.
- I worked on the Apple v. Microsoft lawsuit as a first year associate in 1991 at Brown and Bain in Palo Alto, CA. As part of the case, I managed a video shoot of an early GUI-based workstation: the PERQ.
Technorati Tags game-of-tag